Jim Porter Recreation Center for Grades K - 8
Come play with us! Spend the day with old friends or make new ones as you create fantastic works of art, participate in fun games, learn new sports skills, and travel to exciting destinations. Each week is planned based on a central theme. See below for themes, field trips and calendars.
Save the Date: Registration Opens April 16, 2018 @ 8:30am!
PLEASE NOTE: Camp Calendars are available!
SUMMER CAMP 2018 FLYER!
Required Forms for Summer 2018.
- 2018 - 2019 Registration Form (All campers must have on file by first day of attendance)
- 2018 - 2019 Counselor In Training Application (Required for all participants in the C.I.T. Program)
Please email the registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adventure Camp (Grades 5 - 8)
- Explorers I Camp (Grades K - 2)
- Explorers II Camp (Grades 3 - 5)
- Sports Camp (Grades 1 - 6)
- Counselor-In-Training (Grades 9 -11)
- Sports / Explorers 1 / Explorers 2: $168 Vista Resident or $202 Non-Resident
- Holiday Week *4 Day Pro-Rate: $136 Vista Resident or $160 Non-Resident
- Adventure Camp: $229 Vista Resident or $272 Non-Resident
- Onsite Daily Rates (when available): $50 Vista Resident or $61 Non-Resident
- Adventure Camp Daily Rate (when available): $69 Vista Resident or $82 Non-Resident
Our all-inclusive camp program provides your camper with quality programming at a great rate. Our camp day begins at 9:00am and goes to 3:00pm, however we are available to you as early as 7:00am to as late as 6:00pm for NO additional cost. They will also get the following as part of the weekly registration:
- Hot Lunch for onsite camps
- Sack Lunch for our off-site camp and field trips
- Breakfast & PM Snack
- One Camp T-Shirt
- At least 1 Field Trip (including admission, transportation and any additional cost such as popcorn at the movies)
- Special Fun Friday activities EVERY Friday!
- Registration for 2017 Summer Day Camps begins on Monday, April 16 at 8:30am at the Jim Porter Recreation Center 1200 Vale Terrace Drive, Vista.
- Registration also accepted by phone by calling 760.643.5272 or 760.643.5275.
- Registration also accepted online.
If registration is completed by phone or online, a Registration Form must be completed prior to the first day of camp.
Camp Session Dates, Themes and Field Trip Information
Summer 2018 Weekly Themes:
(Weeks will become available links as they are updated)
- Week One - June 11-15: Myth Busters
- Field Trip (Explorers 2 / Sports / Adventure): Ultra Zone
- Field Trip (Explorers 1): Chuck E Cheese
- Week Two - June 18-22: Clowning Around
- Field Trip (All): Boomers! Vista
- Week Three - June 25-29: Resourceful Recycling
- Field Trip (Explorers 2 / Sports / Adventure): Ice-Plex
- Field Trip (Explorers 1): Escondido Children's Museum
- Week Four - July 2-6: Go For the Gold! (All Camps Combined This Week)**
- Field Trip (All): The Wave Waterpark!
- Week Five - July 9-13: Drama-o-Rama
- Field Trip (Explorers 1 / Explorers 2 / Sports): The Balboa Park Puppet Theatre and Playground
- Week Six - July 16-20: Minion Madness
- Field Trip (All): GlowZone
- Week Seven - July 23-27: Super Sunny San Diego
- Field Trip (All): The Wave Waterpark
- Week Eight - July 30 - August 3: Wonderful World of Water
- Field Trip (Sports): Petco Park / Padre Game
- Field Trip (Explorers 1 / Explorers 2 / Adventure): Sprayground at Santee Lakes
- Week Nine - August 6-10: Space Station Vacation
- Field Trip (All): Balboa Park Reuben H. Fleet & Natural History Museum
**Camps are combined this week & pro-rated for 4 day week (No Camp July 4th)
- Forms, Waivers & Calendars
- Menu and Food Program Information
- Contact Information and Location
- Program Philosophy
- Employment Information & Applications
Rancho Buena Vista Adobe Summer Camp
The City of Vista's historic Rancho Buena Vista Adobe offers a unique camp program with historical components. Click here for more information.
This camp is a beautiful step back in time where the kids will learn about candle making and branding, with hands-on experiences. Take a tour of the old Adobe house and see what life was like before technology took over!