Law enforcement is provided by the San Diego Sheriff's Department who is under contract with the City. The Vista Sheriff's Department provides a full range of services from a station, substation and a storefront office within the city. These services include, general patrol, investigations, narcotics and gang investigations, crime prevention, juvenile intervention, community policing and administrative services. Other specialized functions are available to the city through the Sheriff's Department. Some of the specialty investigative areas include, homicide investigations, helicopter patrols, swat teams, bomb and arson investigations, fraud and forgery investigations and licensing investigation.
- Megan's Law Website - State of California Department of Justice
- Open Cases Page. Please take a look to see if you have information that might help investigators.
- Tip form page: You may leave an anonymous tip concerning any form of illegal activity by using the tip form.
- Teen Drinking & Driving ... You Drink. You Drive. You're Done! educational campaign.
Patrol Deputies who respond to calls for service 24 hours a day. The Patrol Division is responsible for all general law enforcement calls for service within the City of Vista and the surrounding unincorporated area. Each patrol deputy is assigned to a geographical "beat" area. This enables the deputies to become familiar with the residents of their "beat" and with the problems in the area. The "beat” system is a cornerstone of the Community Oriented Policing concept requiring the interaction of neighborhood residents with law enforcement.
Neighborhood Watch programs are administered through the Crime Prevention Division. Please call (760) 940-4564.
Senior Volunteer Sheriff's Patrol
The Vista Sheriff's Senior Volunteer Patrol Volunteer Opportunities or call 760.940.4434 for the Vista Senior Program.
Captain: Chuck Cinnamo
- Vista Patrol Station non-emergency 760.940.4551
- West Office Substation 1477 Moon Road 760.806.5352
- Vista Village Storefront: 30 Main Street, Suite G130 760.414.3360