Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC)
This information below outline the common conditions that the Vista City Council recommends on ABC licenses within Vista. Each application will be considered on its own merit, and in some instances, the recommended conditions may vary from the conditions listed here.
The City of Vista recommends these guidelines with the community's best interests in mind. They are designed to be business-friendly, but also to assure that establishments offering alcohol do not have a detrimental affect on the surrounding neighborhood and residents.
- Bar / Nightclub
- Convenience Store & Liquor Store
- Gas Station / Mini Mart
- Grocery Store
- Mail Order Store & Internet Sales
- Microbreweries and Wineries With Restaurants
- Microbreweries and Wineries Without Restaurants
- Restaurant With a Bar (New Category)
- Warehouse Outlet (Non-Retail)
- Warehouse Outlet (Retail)
- Wine Tasting
- Application for Cabaret License - If live or amplified music is proposed, refer to Vista Municipal Code Chapter 5.24 for requirements.
- "Miscellaneous Information Sheet" for the San Diego County Sheriff's Department Background Check
Responsible Beverage Sales and Service Ordinance
The City adopted a responsible Beverage Sales and Service (RBSS) ordinance in November, 2009. The ordinance requires all sellers and serves of alcoholic beverages at retail establishments in Vista to complete a Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) certified four-hour course every two year. Learn more about the ordinance and scheduled training dates.