City Council Member
City Council Member (4-year terms)
2010 - Present
Council Member John Aguilera was elected to the Vista City Council in November, 2010 and re-elected in 2014. He served as the Mayor Pro Tem in 2011, Deputy Mayor in 2014 and 2015, and was appointed again to serve as Deputy Mayor in 2018.
Mr. Aguilera holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Quantitative Economics and Decision Science from the University of California at San Diego. He owns a financial services business in North San Diego County.
Councilmember Aguilera is a Certified Financial Planner® and is also a licensed life, disability and Long Term Care agent in the state of California.
Mr. Aguilera also served on the Vista Planning Commission from 2004-2010 and the Investment Advisory Committee from 2002-2010.
Local / Regional / Community Involvement
- Deputy Mayor for 2014, 2015
- North County Dispatch Joint Powers Association
- Encina Wastewater Authority
- Past President of Vista American Little League and coach for several years, 8 years
- Member of local Lions Club and Past President, Amigo de Vista Lions
- Board Member of Faith Lutheran Church
- FACT Board Member
- Belong to NCTD, SANDAG, and City's Investment Advisory Board
E: John Aguilera