The City of Vista is a Charter Law city and was incorporated on January 28, 1963. Located just seven miles inland from the Pacific Ocean in northern San Diego County, the City of Vista has a perfect mild Mediterranean climate. Residents enjoy a wide range of year-round outdoor activities in a setting of gentle rolling hills and pleasant rural surroundings. Vista is approximately 19 square miles with a population of 101,797. The City handles sewer utilities and contracts with Vista Irrigation District for its water services. The City operates its own Fire Department and contracts with the San Diego Sheriff’s Department for law enforcement services.
The City of Vista is dedicated to providing exceptional services, to improving Vista's quality of life, and to enhancing the uniqueness of the Vista community.
- City of Vista Interactive Map
- Calendar of Events
- City Departments
- City of Vista Construction and Upcoming Planning Projects
- City News
- Information for Residents
- Sales Tax Information
- Visitor Information
- Volunteer Opportunities
City Seal, Flower, Bird And Tree
- The City Seal is used on official city documents. Read more here on what the seal represents.
- California Lilac was adopted as the official City flower on February 21, 1967 and Anna's Hummingbird was also adopted at that time as the official City bird. On September 8,1998 the City officially adopted the Kentia Palm as the City tree.